I love creating beautiful smiles! I feel that being an orthodontist is a special opportunity to give someone additional confidence and self-esteem. I’ve had so many people come in and say that they don’t smile very much because they are embarrassed or self-conscious about their smile. It is in these situations that I feel very privileged to be able to help people love their smile and to smile more!
Every patient is unique, and it is with this realization that I try to tailor a treatment plan that is going to work for them. I love seeing the transformation in people’s teeth, occlusion, and smile from beginning to end.
Education and Continuing Education
- Wellesley College – Bachelor of Science, 1994
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine – Doctorate of Dental Medicine, 1999
- University of California, San Francisco – Master of Science/orthodontic residency, 2002
I really enjoy continuing my education to update myself on new research or innovations in the field. It’s always good to refresh myself on things I may already know. However, it is also exciting to learn about new treatment modalities that I can bring back to my practice and use. I regularly attend the annual Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists meeting and the American Association of Orthodontists meetings, in addition to clinical training seminars, to provide my patients with the level of care they deserve.
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Seattle-King County Dental Society
- Washington State Dental Association
Outside the Office
I am originally from Southern California and have lived in the Pacific Northwest since 2003. My time outside the office is spent with my three very active kids. You’ll often find me running around with my kids to various sports activities. I also like to read and go to the gym.